Sunday, August 19, 2012

DEAD WEIGHT





Greetings, my shambling shuffling friends!

While attending the Wizards World in Chicago, I shambled up to a booth selling a small independently financed and filmed, zombie genre, infection movie. I was informed that a majority of the people involved in the film had no previous movie experience. Truth be told, I wasn't sure what to expect as a result, but I liked the raw footage that they were airing on a mini tv, so it captured my interest.

Now, having just finished watching this film, I can say I am in a complete state of shock and awe. I am worried my words alone will not properly convey the greatness of this film and the fact, that I have no doubt, that this film is going to launch an amazing movie career for the creative team behind it.

'DEAD WEIGHT'
Written and Directed by: Adam Bartlett and John Pata

Starring: Joe Belknap, Mary Lindberg, Aaron Christensen, Michelle Courvais, Sam Lenz, and Jess Ader

'Dead Weight' is the story of a man, named Charlie, who becomes separated from his girlfriend at the start of the zombie apocalypse and spends weeks traveling through the countryside to meet up with her in Wassau, WI. During that time he, and the rest of his traveling companions, face the worst that mankind has to offer. Both inside and outside of their group.

So let us get to the meat of the G.R.E.A.T. review.

G-ore: 'Dead Weight' is light on the gore, but even though no flesh was ripped from screaming bodies, this movie rises above all that and delivers a fantastic story. 7

R-ealism: 100% This is exactly how I would picture human interactions while traveling in a post apocalyptic world. Along the way, some people will be friendly souls and some will be complete scum who take for their own selfish pursuits. 10

E-ntertainment: The story is so good that nothing's predictable. 'Dead Weight' was a much better movie then a lot of junk that gets churned out of Hollywood. Even those that are backed by big names and big money. 9.5

A-cting: The stars of 'Dead Weight' are basically unknowns and yet their performances were exceptional. One part in particular, was a death scene of a nice man and his wife. As the husband laid there, dying, his expression burned an image into my mind that stayed with me long after the film ended. 9

T-hrills: Watching what a man would go through or do to reach his destination, will truly make you reconsider if you have the fortitude to do whatever it takes to do the same. The final actions of his girlfriend had me on the edge of my seat. 9.5

The total score for this G.R.E.A.T. review is: 9 out of 10

This film deserves a hollowed place on the top shelf of all zombie video libraries.

You can purchase 'Dead Weight' by going to www.carryingdeadweight.com. Be sure to buy the 2-disc set with the cover art, by Tony Moore of 'The Walking Dead' comic fame, as shown above.

Will Charlie have a happy reunion with his girlfriend? Or will the 'Dead Weight' of the past weigh them down?

You'll have to watch 'Dead Weight' to find out.

Thanks for reading, and until my next post, I'll be shuffling along with the lost.


Jimmy Blue Eyes
jbe.zombieblog@yahoo.com
www.jimmyszombieblog.com
'Like ' me on facebook @
www.facebook.com/jimmyszombieblog
and brought to you by the
Network Of The Living Dead webring and
www.thewalkingdeadfanclub.com











No comments:

Post a Comment